Followers

Saturday 20 November 2010

Something a little bit different from me......

Hello blog-friends!
Another busy Saturday for me today, as I have been roped in to help out at a Christmas Fair at my parents church. I will have a few cards, Reindeer food and poo that I will be selling, but the main feature of the table is festive craft activities for children. Have been scratching my head for ideas of inexpensive and child age-appropriate things to make and do, and have come up with: Christmas Lanterns, Reindeer Penpots, Mini Calendars, decoratable door hangers, but the idea I was really chuffed with was making Reindeer Fridge Magnets, as seen here:

Found some old Funky Foam on top of my wardrobe, and cut a medium and a large circle with a circular nestie, also cut a frame with a large scalloped edge nestie, cut it in half and turned it upside down to create the antlers. Wobbly eyes and red pom-pom was cheapy from either Wilko's or The Works (cant remember which) and finished it with a little off-cut of magnetic tape. I though he looked fab, and should be suitable for myyoung customers.

Will let you know how it goes anyway............

4 comments:

  1. Liza, what a brilliant idea - you are really creative! Hope the Christmas Fair is a success - I bet you had to fend the children off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh he is fab.love his sparkly nose and perfect for holding those all important christmas jobs on the fridge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fabulous idea! I love the antlers especially - genius! I hope the fair went well - I bet your table was inundated with kids! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your reindeer is so cute,hope the day goes well,x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx